Your browser may block some cookies by default. By clicking, you agree to allow our advertising partners to place their cookies and serve you more relevant ads. To view our privacy policy or opt-out, click here.
BurnedKidGUAC-1533093841852-1533093848777.png
Source: YouTube

Viral Challenge Leaves Indiana Teen With Severe Burns

By Alex Maxx

A recent social media challenge sent a 15-year-old to the emergency room, and the dangerous stunt left him with severe second-degree burns.

Kyland Clark, from Indianapolis, was talking about doing the "Hot Water Challenge" with a few of his friends. The challenge can be completed in one of two ways, both exceptionally unsafe: drinking boiling water through a straw, or someone pouring boiling water on you.

That night, a friend took it upon himself to do the challenge while Clark was asleep. He poured boiling water on him, and what began as a prank escalated into a terrifying ordeal. 

Clark noted that his injuries were immediate:

And then I looked down at my chest. My skin just fell off my chest, and then I looked in the mirror and I had skin falling off here and, on my face.

Clark spent more than a week in the hospital receiving treatment for the second-degree burns to his face, chest, and back.