The Kardashian women are known for, among other things, being fit and leading healthy lifestyles. There's no doubt the way they eat plays a major role in that. Kourtney normally shies away from the spotlight — as much as any Kardashian can, anyway — she throws fans a bone from time to time.
Recently, she shared a recipe for her favorite pasta sauce on her app and with People. So do you want to know what it's like to eat like the Kardashians? If so, this recipe is a pretty solid place to start, since Kourtney says the family loves it.
Extra virgin olive oil - 2 Tbsp.
Organic garlic - 4 cloves, minced
Yellow onion - 1 whole small (or half of larger onion), diced
Brown sugar - 1 Tsp.
San Marzano tomatoes - 1 can (28 oz.), crushed
Water - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Black pepper - to taste
Organic basil (fresh) - 1/2 cup, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat until hot.
2. Add onions and minced garlic and stir frequently until the onions are clear (a few minutes).
3. Add crushed tomatoes and half of the water, stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the brown sugar along with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Reduce heat to low and let sauce simmer for 3-5 minutes.
6. Add more water if sauce becomes too thick while simmering, it should retain a silky texture.
7. Remove from heat and stir in chopped basil (leaving a little extra for garnish).
8. Serve over gluten-free pasta and sprinkle remaining basil on top.