Vera Mindy Chokalingam is one of the badasses, and we're here to prove it.
We might have first gotten to know her as the unpredictable Kelly Kapoor in the early days of the Office, but her real chops have always been her writing and her fearless sense of self. Since the Office she's created two shows, so if you have any degree of self-doubt, sit back and let Coach Mindy show you the light.
1) She's got the life motto to define all life mottos.
2) She's here for the real women out there.
3) The real women out there need a lot of work to turn into time-bending space wizards.
4) She's not afraid to make a callout all the way up to actual royalty.
5) She's not going to let casual sexists float a lazy generalization.
People ask where Mindy's baby is when I'm on a dating story. He's off playing w/the children on male-driven comedies no one ever asks about.— Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) May 25, 2016
6) She knows you're beautiful.
7) She knows why some small-minded people sweat.
8) She is confident.
9) She may have regrets, but they're at least regrets that she can take a class sometime to address.
this whole foods frozen indian tv dinner i just ate is terrible, why did I never learn to cook the cuisine of my ancestors— Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) March 24, 2013
10) She knows what character really means and wants you to build the right kind.
11) That first entry's motto is some genius, but this one might be even better.
Thanks Mindy! Keep building radness and we'll do our best to keep up.