Having a brother is a blessing and a curse.
A brother is will be your best alibi and your biggest liability, a complete anchor that mom and dad make you drag around but also an epic source of baffling, YouTube-worthy absurdity. Social media has given voice to the little moments that used to just be inside jokes, as evidenced by the veritable gallery of schadenfreude below. Check it out.
1. God willing, your Barbie shouldn't have to go through any of this.
2. At some point, the characters we know must've been kids.
Wolverine’s mom: If you’re going out take your brother with you— Troutman (@robotrowboat) October 11, 2017
Wolverine: But Mom he’s so weird
Listerine: Nothing weird about fresh breath
3. Your brother might not even be the problem.
"Dad, you called me my brother's name."— eric (@ericsshadow) March 12, 2015
I'm sorry *30 second pause* little dude.
4. And then again, sometimes they absolutely are.
5. A good brother can ensure a legacy.
my daughter said her hand hurts when she moves it, her brother said "stop moving it then."— xtine™️ (@cmfh111) October 5, 2016
my work here is done.
6. Some legacies are different from others.
7. But yeah, sometimes they can be a serial liability.
I think the only girl I know that hasn't said "you're like a brother to me" is my sister.— Drew Schnoebelen (@Dschnoeb) June 21, 2012
8. And sometimes they go to extremes.
9. They might not be super useful in an emergency situation, but they mean well.
10. Then again, they don't always mean well.
11. There is a satisfaction in the little interceptions, though.
Mom: "Do you want this?"— Tricia (@Im_Tricia) December 24, 2011
Mom: "Ok I'll give it to your brother."
Me: "No I want it."
12. Brothers can provide some excellent, He'll-Regret-This-One-Day photo ops.
13. And sometimes they're the ones driving you to the hospital, even if they won't apologize already.
14. Here's to a lasting relationship.
[Pulling brother's life support plug]— Nix M (@LaLuchaNix) June 5, 2017
*whispers in ear*
"This is for that time you cheated at Monopoly."
15. If you see him only as your idiot brother, it can be tough to process other people's perceptions.
16. But yeah, keep those cameras handy.
17. Because opportunities are everywhere.
19. It might be occasionally tempting to remain in the shadows.
Liar liar pants on fire. 😂 #sib #sibling #siblingfights #siblings #siblingmemes #siblingmeme #siblingquote #siblingquotes #sis #sister #sistermemes #sisterquote #sisterquotes #sistermeme #bro #brother #brotherquote #brotherquotes #brothermeme #brothermemes #fam #family #quote #quotes #meme #memes #ohana #fights #siblingfights #mma
20. Sure, sometimes they can be a social liability.
21. But boy can it be worthwhile to have them around.
When my youngest brother was little he was being bullied and went to my parents for help. They told him “Sticks and stones may break my bones” they then asked him to finish the phrase and he said “but chains and whips excite me” he seriously thought that was he second part.— Max (@maxpalumbo5) January 3, 2018