Watching TV before DVRs and streaming meant if you missed it, you missed out.
Modern Television consumption means that we choose the programs that we entirely lose our social spheres to. Binging is serious business, so please enjoy these cries for help.
1) Netflix - we get it, it's been a while.
2) But seriously, we're not going anywhere.
NETFLIX: Are you still watching?— Michael (@Home_Halfway) March 6, 2018
ME: Uh yes
NETFLIX: Dude it's been like 14 hours now
NETFLIX: You should call your ex
ME: I miss her too much man
NETFLIX: Come on, I bet she misses you too
NETFLIX No lol keep watching SVU you goddamn loser
3) Please, let that timer go a little longer. Our dignity is at stake.
4) In time, we will get up. Please continue.
5) Our choices define us.
I bought a Hulu subscription just to binge watch Jersey Shore, someone please take my debit card away from me— maura (@_3231994) March 3, 2018
6) Still, there are moments of triumph.
7) But more moments of cruel self-insight.
8) It's not often a part of our daily routine actually directly questions us.
Netflix: Are you still watching Ocean's 11?— Marc Bernardin (@marcbernardin) February 28, 2018
Me: Yeah. What else would I be watching?
Netflix: We have 4,000 other streaming options available--
Me: WHAT. ELSE. WOULD. I. BE. WATCHING.
Netflix: Sigh. "There's a 95-pound Chinese man with a $160 million behind this door..." pic.twitter.com/TvplHeqiDk
9) Horizons can be broadened, but in a narrow kind of way.
Sorry I’ve been out of touch. The show I’m binge watching has subtitles.— Alex Baze (@bazecraze) March 2, 2018
10) But, sometimes we need to save ourselves from ourselves and let things expire.
11) Because these aren't exactly achievements.