'Call Me By Your Name' may not have been a huge box office hit, but it made a definite impression with audiences and won a well-deserved Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar last weekend.
So, many were excited when the film's director confirmed that a sequel featuring the original cast set in the U.S. in the 90s was in the works.
But what will the title be?
Without official word from the filmmakers, Twitter started to get creative with their own ideas.
1. From the simple...
2. To the aggressive...
3. And larger:
4. But it's not XXL without Elio's name thrown in:
5. "I" kinda looks like "1" so let's capitalize on that:
6. It's like the ghost of Kirstie Alley and John Travolta came for this one:
7. Or in this case an old playwright:
8. I STILL Know What Elio And Oliver Did Last Summer:
If they don't call the CMBYN sequel "You Called Me By Your Name Last Summer" I'm filing a complaint with the MPAA— Matt Brennan (@thefilmgoer) March 7, 2018
9. When the fruits have vengeance:
10. It's just gotta give:
Something's gotta call me by your name/— Jo Barchi (@theyarenotaboy) March 7, 2018
Let's give em something to call me by your name about
11. Okay, so....now what?
12. Again with the ghosts of Kirstie and John:
13. A simple pluralization:
14. Just do it again:
15. New fruits:
16. Can it get MORE personal?
17. 2 many 2 movies:
18. Shorten the name, it's too long.
19. A race to the gay finish:
20. Let's go from subtle to the most explicit movie ever:
21. Thank you kindly:
I Kindly Request That You Call Me Your Name Name Again— Cameron Scheetz (@cameronscheetz) March 9, 2018
22. Just stop, Oliver.
23. That Italian Summer bling:
*To tune of Hotline Bling* “You Used to Call Me By Your Name 2”— Sam Zilberstein (@SamZilberstein) March 8, 2018
24. Is this your middle name or your last name?
25. Live Free Or Call Me By Your Name: